It’s a somber time of year. The two year anniversary of Eric’s father passing is on 9/10 and of course the remembrance of the lives we lost during 9/11. . My thoughts go to those affected by the horrific tragedy on 9/11 and to my husband who untimely lost his father. I pray for every one, I pray for our country. I truly believe in the power of prayer, I know He can move mountains! Why not turn everything to a higher power, outside of our self and our own egos. Our God is a Sovereign power, we do not know why He does certain things, but we do know He wants us to turn to Him. And how beautiful when we can all unite together and pray to God.
So what did I learn in my first 31 years…. cumulatively the first 30 were a tiny stepping stone to seeing the bigger picture (which I know I still have a lot more to learn). I always knew there was a God and believed in a higher spiritual existence/power. I now know why we pray, why we turn to Him. If you would have told me on my 30th birthday last year that a couple weeks later I would be on my knees begging to our God to heal my first born, I would have not believed it. I did not think that my 30th year would involve praying everyday for babies and children that are fighting for their lives, undergoing open heart surgeries and overcoming unimaginable obstacles. When I see these fellow heart families join together and pray for a child there is something so powerful/wonderful in those prayers. There is not a better gift that you can do for a heart family (or anyone in need of a prayer), than tell them you will ask our God to help heal their child and bring them peace. So this year I learned how to talk to God, how to give it all to Him. It’s been the most peaceful and beautiful transition. From someone who was always seeking that something, to someone that is finding Him. I do have an angel baby by my side each day, who reminds me of His grace and beauty. When you look at your child, you just have to know its something so much more than just science, its God, its beautiful, its Life. Would I have learned this without her being born with a complex heart defect, most likely. But I have learned the power of prayer and I am so thankful for that.
So everyone that knows me knows I love to dance, I thought we could try to live up my 31th and go to Hard Rock. I thought it would be like Vegas, which I have never been to and wanted to go to on my 30th (but I was 9 months pregnant on that day, which was amazing in itself!:). Well, I lasted about 15 minutes there! I actually prayed that morning about going, because once I thought about gambling, I really didn’t like it! I just wanted to have a Dave and Buster’s like experience with some dancing. Well, He gave me an answer right when I walked through the doors! It just seemed so desolate and sad, so we left! I realized that my best birthday gift was holding my sweet Audrina, nothing can top that!!!!! We did go to the Bucs game today, since we received free tickets! It was amazing to be standing with a crowd full of Americans chanting U-S-A!!!! We received flags and waved them high, and honored soldiers that were coming home. Also they honored Lee Roy Selmon and displayed this quote:
"Our kindness and goodness are the best things we can offer in life."
-- Lee Roy Selmon
I love that and this year I will try to live by this!
So for my next 31 years, I will turn to Him and pray. Pray that we may all be surrounded by goodness and kindness. If we all tried this, wouldn’t it be a more beautiful place…..
This is a beautiful post and I loved reading this. Happy Belated Birthday Rachel!
ReplyDelete